Monday, May 25, 2009

Can You Say "RELIEVED"?!?!

I woke up this morning at 4:30 needing to throw up. I've been having this throw up feeling all week, every morning and every night. Needless to say this got me thinking that I could be pregnant. Well this morning was the breaking point for me. I wanted to leave early this morning just to go to the store and pick up a pregnancy test to see what was up, but I thought Mark would be worried if he found that I wasn't there. SO I waited. I stayed up for an hour just thinking about "what if I were pregnant?" And started to FREAK OUT!! As much as I talk about wanting to have a baby the thought truly scares me. A million things ran through my head and I could picture Mark being just as scared if I found out that I was.

So when Mark left for the gym this morning I went to Smiths and bought a pregnancy test. I initially thought I should tell him about this, but I'm a very private person, even with Mark about some things, and so I wanted to do this alone. Plus, Mark never reads this blog, so at the back of my mind I thought it would be really funny that I would go through all of this and they only way he would know that this happened was if someone else read this blog and called him. I can really picture his face then, and I think it would be quite hilarious. :)

After I meticulously read the instructions I took the test and saw this.







YEA ONE LINE!!! Can you feel my relief?!?! Whew!!

Don't get me wrong, we still want to have children, but it's one thing to have a surprise, and another to start when you feel ready. Obviously I'm not completely there yet!



On a random note, I got this video from my sister. It's my brother making his baby girl Mckayla laugh. I love it. :)

5 comments:

  1. I think I took at least 4 pregnancy tests in the first year we were married. I'd either be sick and throwing up, or a few days late. Always drove me bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn I was secretly hoping you were pregnant!! I wonder why you are feeling so sick?

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont worry you will soon be preggers. then i will think about having a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey tiffany, this is mallory, mark's cousin.....i totally know what you mean. I always am thinking " oh crap...am i pregnant" at the slightest pregnancy symptom. you are so brave though to actually buy the pregnancy test. I would have been freaking out!!! haha, funny story though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. by the way...the cheapest way to buy pregnancy tests is at the Dollar Store! That's where I bought mine!

    ReplyDelete